Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cupcakes & Cocktails

Is it only Tuesday?!? There is a lot of week left but that is actually a good thing because I have lots going on! I am in full party-planning mode. I know that I showed you the invitation for Monograms and Mimosas but I haven't told you all about Cupcakes and Cocktails yet ... and it is actually occurring this Friday!




*Invitations ordered from Wedding Paper Divas ... such a fun company!

So for months I knew I wanted to have a Cupcakes and Cocktails par-tay for my girlfriends around Valentine's Day and I began planning this party in my head. Well my friend Page got engaged so I decided to definitely have the party and give it in honor of her. It is going to a small little gathering of her bridesmaids and in my mind it is going to be super cute ... lets just pray that I execute! Haha!

I am a little bit nervous because this is the first real party that I have hosted at our house AND I am giving it all alone. So basically if it sucks it will be all on me. Kidding, kidding. I really think that it is going to turn out fab! I am serving appetizers, wine, a "pink drink", and 3 different types of cupcakes - I am making 1 myself but the other 2 are being "professionally" done! Everything is going to be pink and black ... I have lots of little details that I will share but they will have to be revealed on Monday because I don't want to spoil everything for the bride and any other guests that are readers! In keeping with the pink and black theme I think I am going to sport this number ...

the pink dress and maybe I will add some black jewelry. I had this on in a picture I posted previously and a couple of you asked where it was from (I am very bad at answering questions sometimes). You can find it here ... all the way at the bottom on the left!

So if this party is a success Cupcakes and Cocktails might become a tradition ... next year you all can be invited!!!

Wish me luck! I probably won't be around anymore this week because I have some work travel and such but I will give you all the details from the shin-dig on Monday.

xoxo~

ps- I have to make it known that I have the world's greatest husband ... we ordered a leather chair and ottoman for Christmas and long story short it was delivered to his parents house who live 4+ hours away. Guess who took off work and is making the 8 hour journey for the chair? Yep. Bless his heart but I had to have that chair by Friday. You understand.

48 comments:

Mrs. Southern said...

What a great idea for a party! Sounds like so much fun! I would totally HAVE to HAVE a new chair in my house if I had ordered it too!

Unknown said...

what a GREAT idea for a party! I might just have to steal it sometime :)

Sarah said...

Sounds so fun!!!

Nantucket Karen said...

You are all of your friends are just beautiful!!! Sounds like a blast:) The pink dress is fab!

Leila said...

what a cute idea! i may have to "borrow" it in the future! and your dress is beyond cute!

Living for the Little Moments said...

Can't wait to hear how the party goes.... I'm sure you'll be a fabulous host!

Tara Gibson said...

what a fun party! what girl doesnt love cupcakes and cocktails! that pink dress is gorgeous on you!!

The Pink Chick said...

What a neat idea! I know it will be lots of fun!

Trina said...

I love your cute theme's for the parties! This party will be a hit and I can't wait to see the "little details" - they always make things that much better :)

The dress would really fit in your theme! Best of luck on Friday!

Mrs. Realife said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!!! I love parties and all the fun they bring :) Can't wait to hear about it!

Did you nominate your "Sweet Sensation" for my giveaway yet!? Very exciting!

Dugout Daisy said...

I love this idea!!! I would love to host a party just like this!

:D

morewineplease said...

Well of course we understand! WOW, way to go hubs! THe party sounds like it will be a blast... and I so love that dress!

PreppyGirl said...

What a great idea!! Totally going to have to borrow it someday! Love the pink dress. Big high five to the husband!

USCEmily said...

What a cute invitation and cute pink dress! I love coming up with themes for parties and especially love designing the invitations...I think that's my favorite part, which may or may not be a little strange.
Enjoy your party!!

Girl Meets Beau said...

What a fun party idea! Love it and can't wait to see how it turns out!! I'm sure everything will be perfect :) And love your dress! So precious!

Unknown said...

That is such a good idea for a party!!!! So cute and original!

Muffy said...

Oh, how fun! Love the invite, love your dress, love it all! FAB!

Emily said...

Im new to your blog and I LOVE it:) love the idea about your vday party! such a fun and cute idea! also, love your pink dress!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Very fun party theme!

Love those invites; I've actually ordered shower invitations from them before & was very happy with them.

CUTE pink dress, too.

Piper Jacquelyn said...

SUCH a cute dress! I can't wait to hear more about the party - it looks like it's going to be a great time. And your husband is SO sweet! Wow, 8 hours - what a gent!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i love the theme and the invitation!!! you look gorgeous in that pink dress!!!

Barefoot in the Park said...

what an adorable party idea!

Jess said...

Yum.... what a tasty sounding party!!

Such a cute pink dress! I love it!

The Cwtch said...

Have a lovely party!

quite contrary said...

what a cute idea for a party! cant wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

um, your dress is soooo cute! And I love your party idea-you are such an inspiration! How lucky you are with your sweet hubby. Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

What a precious party idea!!! What time should I be there?! :)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

What a great theme! I can assure you that I will be stealing it in the future :-)

Niki said...

I'm new to your blog and wanted to say hi:). Love the party idea, so cute! The pink dress is great too!

Mrs. Everything said...

So cute! I need a friend to get engaged or something so I can throw a party like this!! If done correctly, it could also be a very cute baby shower!

Lilly P. Wannabe said...

You always have the cutest ideas for party planning!! I cannot tell you how excited I would be if someone hosted this party theme for me :)

Trez said...

Love your blog! I'm a true georgia girl-born an bred also and new to the blog world. Check out mine and give me some tips if you get a chance!

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like so much fun...I just love that dress too! Good luck...

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

It sounds absolutely perfect - right down to every little detail. I wish I could come!!! And I think I commented before, but I LOVE that dress!

Kayla said...

Hi! I'm not sure how I found your blog but I am definitely a fan!!!

Love the party idea!! I'm excited to find out how it goes!

Miss Lemonade said...

I have a surprise for you on my blog :)I'm nominating you for the Sweet Lemony Blog Award!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

That sounds like an awesome party - can I come? =0)

P.S. If you need cupcake inspiration check out Bakerella's blog - she is amazing!

LuLu said...

Dude...we could have at least met ya'll half way with the chair:)

Legally Pink and Green said...

Your dress is GORGEOUS!!!! And what a nice idea for a party. I hope all goes well- I know you'll do great!

Sherrie said...

What a great idea for a party. I just may have to use it! I absolutely love cupcakes.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

What a FUN idea!!

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

I love the theme of your party, it sounds so cute :)

I can't wait to find out how it went!

Mrs. Classic said...

That sounds so fun! Thanks for letting us know where the dress was from!

Belle on Heels said...

what an adorable party idea!! an engaged bestie of mine wants to have an all-girls sleepover while her beau is out of town for his bachelor party, and i will most definitely be stealing this idea!!

Deco Aurora said...

I really like all the different styles you all have going on. Its good to be different.

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! This is the best idea ever! I think I may steal it sometime...

Darci White said...

a few things:

1.) LOVE that dress....do you have it in black too? i thought you had a picture wearing a black one w/ a bow on the front. i must buy this!

2.) you girls are beautiful!!!!

Darci White said...

sorry to be a pest, but i'm dying to get that dress and tried the link and couldn't find that exact one.

do you happen to know the style or where you bought it? i shouldn't buy it, but it has my name all over it.

by the way, i LOVE your blog!