Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl Snack

You all know I wouldn't leave you on the Friday before Super Bowl Sunday without a recipe to serve at your party on Sunday! Now until yesterday I didn't know who was playing or what time the game started but I sure did know what I was going to whip up! This is a super easy, super good recipe that I promise you all will enjoy. It is called Redneck Caviar and there are all sorts of versions (so feel free to add or leave out any ingredient) but this is how I make mine ...

2 cans of white corn, drained
1 can of black eyed peas, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of Rotel
1 large can of diced tomatoes (or you can chop up fresh ones yourself)
2 large bell peppers, chopped (I will probably use one red and one green for lots of color)
a little bit on cilantro
a couple of chopped green onions
a few shakes of garlic powder and garlic salt
about 3/4 a bottle of zesty italian dressing OR ceasar dressing (I prefer ceasar because it is creamier)

Shake up all ingredients in a large bowl and place covered in the refrigerator for appx. 12 hours. Best served with Tostito Scoops.

Now for all you weight watchers ... don't hold me to this because I do not know for 100% positive but someone told me that this is 0 WW points. Obviously excluding the chips. But like I said that is just hear-say!

What are you serving at your Super Bowl soiree??

xoxo~

20 comments:

LyndsAU said...

I have seen this but of course wouldn't touch it :) ha!! (It was at one of Thomas and Sarah's things)
It's probably about 1 WW point because of the beans, but still really healthy!!
I love the name though :)

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Oh yum! Anything with black beans and corn is good in my book!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Yum, that sounds delicious. I'm still trying to figure out my SB menu....I just plan on lots of meat for all the boys, ha!

Milltini said...

Phew! I really thought you were going to leave us hanging ;-)....thanks for the recipe! Enjoy a fabulous, fabulous weekend!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Sounds deelish! We're not Superbowl people, but that doesn't matter!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

making this tomorrow. love black beans and love corn!

Heather Grindstaff said...

sounds yummy!!

Barbecued Peaches said...

I'm thinking of making this...we've always called it Georgia Caviar and served it with Fritos :)

Sandra said...

Yummy!! I love this!! We use it for tailgating also!!

ana maggie said...

i'm making cupcakes! the cutest superbowl cupcakes!

Muffy said...

SOUNDS DELISH!!!!

Landra Lynn said...

Yum! I might just add that to myh list.

I'm still figuring out my SB menu... We've got a ton of hungry Marines and their dates coming over for a beach/football party. I'm thinking artichoke spinach dip with tortilla chips, pinwheel wraps (tortillas, cream cheese, lunch meat), barbeque meatballs, cupcakes... and we are grilling steaks and chicken, too. And you can't forget the deviled eggs. I'm sure I'll throw in about ten more recipes for the event before then! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recipe, but thank you even more for the ring story. What a beautiful thought.

Lindsey said...

Oohh yum!!! i think i need to make this tomorrow!

Christy said...

Yum! Thanks for posting this recipe!! Can't wait to try it!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

We have a G.R.I.T.S. button to show how much we care.

Please show her some love by adding to your page.

Button and instruction on my blog!
Here is the link:
http://bumpkinonaswing.blogspot.com/2009/02/we-love-grits-button.html

The Pink Chick said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Leila said...

yum yum! love this dip. we make it all the time.

i tagged you!

The Golf Widow said...

Yum...wish I made it! I love balck beans.

Your Notebook moment was so sweet.

網站設計 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!