Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Ultimate Girls Night Out & Pearls Night Out!

The Beau works in Atlanta. We live about 50 miles south of Atlanta so that I can be close to my job and family and he commutes. It works for us. We have definitely toyed with the idea of moving half-way between here and there and we have even given thought to moving to Atlanta. But for now (and most likely for forever) we are 100% happy with where we are. You get the small-town living without being too far removed from a major city. There is one reason that I desperately want to move to the ATL .......... Nail Talk & Tan. We are talking about a nail salon ladies. Yes that is right, I would uproot and move given the opportunity to visit this particular nail salon once a week. First off let me tell you that every single nail place in my town is horrible - I am talking about nasty, filthy, disgusting, needs to be shut down asap. Let me also tell you that I don't spend money frivolously but I do love a good mani/ pedi every couple of weeks. It is my special little treat to myself. I enjoy every single solitary second of being pampered on! Since I don't like to go within a 5 mile radius of any nail salon in my town I will get my pedi in Atlanta at Nail Talk & Tan (specifically the one in Dunwoody near Perimeter Mall) any chance I get.

So when the Beau told me that he wanted to go to Atlanta this past Saturday for a boys night out with some friends from work I told him I was riding with him and immediately started planning the Ultimate Girls Night Out with one of my Atlanta besties. Of course our first stop was to my fave nail salon. With your standard pedi at NT&T you also get a massage and I am talking about a real, wonderful, full-out massage. Well of course you don't lie down on a bed or anything but you get hot washcloths on your face, they massage your temples, rub your head, and work on your back and shoulders for a good 20 minutes. 20 minutes of pure bliss. The whole experience takes close to 2 hours so you can't be in a hurry. Also note that this place is squeaky clean or I would never in a million years let them put a washcloth on my face! During the 2 hours 2 magical things happened. The first being that it snowed and we all know how much I love snow! The second being that I found my new favorite polish color ... OPI Pearls Night Out! I just took a picture of my foot with my new polish but I decided you all might be grossed out so I won't post it. Ha. I will try to explain instead - the color is a pearl white with a hint of metallic making it look like a winter wonderland on your nails! Very appropriate since it was snowing outside. It is a welcomed change to the dark reds, purples and blacks I have been wearing on my toes all winter. White is the new black!

Our next stop was to a little place called Chocolate Pink where we shared a Cookies and Cream cupcake and a Red Velvet cupcake. Heaven on a plate!!! And then we were off to see Bride Wars ... the ultimate chick-flick for our ultimate GNO. Good times, good times!!!

xoxo~

33 comments:

Running In Stilettos said...

My husband (who is from GA) and I (from TX) move around every 3 yrs and the hardest things to find are: 1. Good nail salons, 2. A new "down there" doctor, and 3. A new hair stylist! A drive to ATL may be just the excuse you need for a monthly Girls Night Out! Oh, and I love the color :)

The Golf Widow said...

I love, love, love pearls night out! Wish mine included an ultimate girls night out. It has been more like the ultimate girls night in. Me and my 4 little ones. Polishing 40 extra piggies and no massage. Glad you had fun!!!

Unknown said...

How fun!!! You have me drooling over that salon...I am desperate for a mani/pedi!

Lulu said...

I live about 50 miles NORTH of Atlanta, so I have got to visit that salon. How many locations are there? Thanks for sharing your lovely new nail polish find!! Sounds like one I would love!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i'm embarrassed, but i haven't had a pedicure since the wedding and your post really has me wanting one!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I just love a good pedicure!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I love this post for two reasons - ONE, a new, gorgeous nail polish color for me to try out! I love white, pearlescent colors! And two - it inspired me to call my salon & book a mani-pedi. I love my place, but yours sounds positively fab!

Angela said...

i always do my own mani and pedi in fear of germs and bacteria. i can just live on red velvet cake.

Landra Lynn said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous!

Kelli Radford said...

Love Choc. Pink!! YUM!!

Mrs. Southern said...

I love getting a mani and pedi! I need to find this place, we got to Atlanta a lot on the weekends.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

You have a great attitude and/or gratitude! I left you an award on my blog!

PinkSass said...

I will have to try that color! I am also sick of all the dark polish!

PreppyGirl said...

NT&T sounds amazing! I wish there was something like that by me! Sounds like a good Girls Night! Pedis, Cupcakes, and a chick flick-- doesn't get any better than that!

Southern Savvy said...

I want to go to NT&T!! I can not wait for this weekend. I'm getting a mani/pedi first thing Saturday morning. It's been months and I'm dying for a special treat. I bet that color is wonderful. But, not on me - I'm too white as it is! LOL

Leah said...

This sounds like a great girls night out and a great nail salon. I wish there was one in my area!

I love the nail polish color and will definitely have to give it a try.

amy (metz) walker said...

Thanks for the info!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that nail color! I just read your Windy Gap comment on my post today - I totally feel the same! I had so much fun as a camper that I went back for a month as Workcrew and had the BEST time of my life! Such a special place.

Mandy Rose said...

Sounds like a fun night out!! Loving the OPI color...definitel going to have to try it!

Unknown said...

The nail color sounds fabulous! Makes me wanna go get a mani/pedi! I left 3 awards for you on my blog :)

The Pink Owl said...

One of my BFF's lives in Atlanta and she loves Nail Talk & Tan! I mentioned it to her and we are going the weekend I go visit in Feb!

I love the OPI color you chose as well!

quite contrary said...

I live in ATL and you have sold me! I have to go get that pampering! thanks ; )

The Marden Family said...

I second that, Nail Talk & Tan is the best. Sounds like such a fun night! Where do you live? I'm in Fayetteville, near Peachtree City, about 30 miles south of Atlanta...

Living for the Little Moments said...

That place (really the whole evening) sounds fantastic! Glad you had a good time! :-)

Brittney said...

What a pretty color! I have the color "Bubble Bath" on my nails right now and it is a nice break from my usual Black Cherry Chutney color!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Okay, this makes me want to have a girl's night out!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like the PERFECT day!

Rachel said...

That place sounds heavenly...and the cupcakes to top it off wow!

Sarah said...

Sounds like so much fun! Sounds like I need to try that nail salon next time I am at perimeter!!

Jennifer said...

I haven't had a pedi or mani in quite a while. You are making me crave that place! It sounds like heaven!

Anonymous said...

I go to the NT&T on Lindberg every Friday.

ana maggie said...

sounds delightful!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I still consider myself a newbie to ATL... where is the heavenly nail salon you speak of?! I need deitals! AND THE cupcake place....help a fellow ATL bride to be indulge in a mani and a sweet treat!