Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Whys" of the Week

I can pretty much guarantee that I went through a stage of being one of these annoying children who asked Why multiple times a day/ after every statement. You know the kind.


Go get in your bed.
Why?
Because it is time to go to sleep.
Why?
Because we sleep when its dark outside.
Why?

Please Lord don't give me kids like that! Anyway, here are my Whys of the Week ....

Why are all my favorite shows re-runs this week (ie. Desperate Housewives, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Grey's, etc.)???

Why are the Ice Storms effecting me when we have had no bad weather whatsoever??? I have eaten dinner by my lonesome for the past 2 nights because the Beau has worked until after 8 pm because of the Ice Storms. Boo!

Why am I almost-25-years-old and my face continues to break out every single solitary month??? It will be real cute when my teenage daughter and I can share acne medication!

Why can I never remember everything I need at the grocery store??? And on that subject, why is my grocery bill always out of control??? There are only 2 people living in my house!

Why have I just now discovered these "faux twinkies"??? I don't think I have ever even had a real Twinkie but, boy, I have been missing out ... if the real ones are better than these I think I might die and go to heaven!



Why do the Cirque du Soleil Kooza tickets at Atlantic Station have to be 100+ dollars a piece??? I really want to go for Valentine's but I know the Beau isn't going to fork over $200+ for us to go (especially after I refused to go with him to see the Bodies and King Tut exhibits). Although I know it would be totally worth it! That might have to be a mother/ daughter event.

Anybody got the answers???

xoxo~

23 comments:

Mrs. Realife said...

LOL!!!! I love your "Why's" -- I must have been one of those kids, too -- Glad to see someone else is so disappointed in all the re-runs!

Trina said...

I have been reading your blog for sometime now and finally decided to comment :)

For one of the why's - the $100 pp is worth it for the Cirque Du Soleil!!! I paid that much for my FI and I to go and had a blast when they were in DC.

Sarah said...

Uggh, wondering the same thing about TV shows!!!!??? What the heck?!

Lauren said...

As for the television shows, I would say it has something to do with Sweeps which I think are always in February. I think all shows are practically reruns & it's driving me crazy too!!!

Also if you get any answers to the grocery questions please pass them on...I have no idea how I spend so much at the grocery store for just Hubby & I.

Andi said...

That's funny. I still do the why thing. I ask Limey why about 50 times a day and he gets so annoyed. Our kids are going to be so obnoxious.

You could buy the Cirque tickets as a surprise and then tell your husband you don't remember how much they cost. He might fall for it.

As for groceries, I swear people think I have a family of 6 when they see my grocery cart. I over spend for the 2 of us too. I've started buying all of our meat at Costco and it has saved us a ton!

Rachel said...

I have no idea why the reruns were on this week; but I am glad to meet someone else who watches Big Bang Theory...hilarious...my husband only watches it 1. because of the girl LOl

The real Twinkies are fantastic; though I haven't had one in about 10 years...it's too much FAT but thanks for reminding me about them :)

Shaina said...

I just discovered WW twinkies on Monday and think they are perhaps one of the BEST SNACKS EVER!!!!!

Muffy said...

I agree with all these questions! WHY?!?

Unknown said...

haha Love your "whys." I agree...faux twinkies...REALLY?!?! what is the world coming to!

Justin said...

Does your husband like blackjack? Roulette maybe? If he does you're in luck. Cirque du Soleil has a variety of shows in Las Vegas and you can pay for the tickets out of your winnings!

Brittney said...

I love the one about you being 25 with breakouts. I ask myself Why because I used to have crystal clear skin and now I ask WHY did that change? Or rather, How?

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

I totally think the ticket price is totally worth it for ANY Cirque Du Soleil show.

If hubby won't budge, you should definitely make it a ladies event!

The Pink Chick said...

I didn't realize that the tickets for Kooza were so expensive! How disappointing! I love your "why" post!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Yay for you for asking some "why's!" We aren't really allowed to do that anymore, huh? I would like to know why on a few of those for myself as well {breaking out STILL!}.

USCEmily said...

I don't have answers, but I ask myself the same question about breakouts all the time. I thought at almost 27 years of age, I would have nice, perfect skin...not so much! And I, too, do not understand what is up with the re-runs this week.

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

I'm so glad someone understands the worry of having a panic attack. I carry around emergency pills, too. Often my husband will just look at me and say, "Do you need a pill?" It's a running joke, but it's hard for others to understand. He can only joke about it because he's my husband.

It's been about 6 months since my last panic attack and going on my pills. It's such a relief, but still a worry. Will it ever go away?

Stephanie said...

I am mad about the Cirque tickets. We got some, because I am literally going to die if I don't go [okay, maybe not literally]...but we won't be going out to eat for a month to make up for it.

Lindsey said...

LOVE this post!! i always forget what I need when I get to the grocery store!

Izzy said...

I hear you on the grocery bill -- the two of us eat for a family of four. Don't even want to know how much it's going to cost when we do have kids!

Lavender Lily said...

I feel the same way about tv this week! It was so disappointing especially when I had been looking forward to The Office and 30 Rock all week. The shows JUST came back on, why are they already reruns again???

Tania said...

I just rediscovered your blog when I was going through my archives and linked from a comment of yours. Love it!

I don't know why Cirque de Soleil charges so much! I thought that was only in Vegas! We saw two shows there and the Bodies exhibit in the Luxor. It was actually pretty cool.

Sorry, no answers to your questions here. I ponder similar things!

Ashley Paige said...

what a cute post! seriously, why IS the grocery bill so expensive when you're just buying for two people? my Hubs and I have YET to figure it out! (not to mention our wine bill..) Yikes!

Darci White said...

i'm with you on the breaking out every month thing! ughhh - it is so annoying! i'm 26 and wonder if it will ever end .....i mean really....it should have already!

i have started using a new acne face regimine called "Obagi" and it seems to be doing the trick - and there are rave reviews about it. just a thought in case you are looking for something else to try.