Monday, December 8, 2008

Dedicated to making you all fat!

This weekend went by way too fast! Friday night the Beau didn't get home until around 8pm so we went out for pizza and turned in early. Saturday afternoon we went over to a friend's house boat to watch the Alabama/ Florida game and grill out. I was cheering for the Tide because a friend that was on the boat with us is a huge Bama fan and he said he would go down the slide (that is attached to the house boat) naked if Alabama pulled through. So I was cheering hard because I knew he would! Florida ended up with the victory but it was a really good game. It was probably for the best that Bama did not win because if he had gone down that slide he would have had hypothermia for sure!

Most importantly I brought over 2 tasty treats. I told ya'll I like party food! For an appetizer I brought a Pepperoni Cheese ball .... I got the recipe from bestie. The Beau loves this. Here are the directions:

Ingredients~
1 8oz package cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 stick butter
1 package pepperoni (chopped)

Beat together, form a ball and refrigerate. Best served with Wheat Thins.

I also brought S'mores Brownies for dessert! I got this recipe from the newest Paula Deen magazine. They were scrumptious!!

Ingredients~
Graham Crackers
Box Brownie Mix with ingredients to prepare
Mini Marshmallows

Line a 9x13 baking dish with tin foil and grease. Arrange graham crackers at the bottom of the baking dish to cover the entire dish. Make brownies as box instructs and pour over graham crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for appx. 18 minutes. Take out of oven and pour mini marshmallows on top of brownies (~2 cups of marshmallows) and crumble up a half cup of graham crackers and pour on top of marshmallows. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.

On Sunday after church I rode with my friend, Fran, to a neighboring city to pick up the cutest chocolate lab puppy that you have ever seen - she gave it to her boyfriend for Christmas. I got to hold it the whole way home and I fell in love! Too bad we can't have dogs at our apartment! **I got a little creative with my picture collage :)

Tonight we are going to our Sunday School Christmas Party and I am bringing dessert. I will be back tomorrow with more recipes!

xoxo~

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

sounds scrumptious! that was a great visual- a grown man going down a water slide naked. thanks! teehhee... my hubby is a FL fan and was glued to that game!

AmyT said...

that sounds delish!!! your pics are so cute!

Lindsey said...

YUMMO! Thanks for the recipe!

L.o.v.e the pictures!

starfish said...

Both recipes sound delicious! I'll have to try them!

Olde Town Style Guide said...

yummy!!! and how about that adorable puppy?! I love labs...I am so jealous!!

Rachel said...

Yum...those dishes sound amazing. If you would have posted pics I would have drooled over my desk!

How cute is that puppy...chocolate labs are sooo cute!

The Pink Chick said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I was pulling for Bama too! I was hoping they would pull out the win over FL. I'm happy that an SEC team is going to play in the National Championship though! Thanks for the recipe! By the way, the chocolate lab puppy is so cute!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

OK - just the name of this post made me burst out laughing! Those recipes sound VERY good, and I'm a huge Paula fan, so thanks for sharing!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

We have a chocolate lab and oh she was so previous when she was a puppy. Your pictures make me want another one!

morewineplease said...

i really appreciate you trying to help us gain to poundage, but I gained a ton watching football this weekend already!!
we watched that game too, I was wanting bama to win!
Cute pics... love labs!

Unknown said...

Yum!!!