Friday, December 5, 2008

Santa Claus Came to Town!

Last night was my small town's Christmas parade! Now the parades in my town can often be pitiful but we go year after year anyways and this years Christmas parade was pretty good. The wine could have had something to do with it but nonetheless. A few of us gathered at a friend's house who lives on the parade's path. The Beau didn't get to join us because he doesn't get home from work in time for any 6 o'clock activities but the rest of us had a great time eating chili, drinking wine and cider (not together of course) and watching all the little kids scream "Merry Christmas" 695 times! It got pretty cold last night and the pictures even suggest that it was snowing ... it wasn't - just an illusion.

Me (on the far left) and some of my high school buddies. We all live in the same town but I don't get to see them nearly enough!!!

A 1/2 the group shot ... it really looks like it is snowing in this one!

Fran, me, and Alli!
The little pony was so cute and tiny!

And, of course, there was Santa in the firetruck at the very end of the parade! A good way to get you in to the Christmas spirit ... although I didn't need any help, I have been in the Christmas spirit for months!!

On a completely unrelated note, G.A. and this Izzy and Denny business is really starting to get on my nerves. I have been meaning to discuss this with you all for a couple of weeks now. And Desperate Housewives has more drama than ANY soap opera I have EVER watched and that is getting on my nerves too. My two fave shows are really infuriating me!!! Rant over.

Have a great weekend!

xoxo~

26 comments:

Kathryn said...

I have been following your blog for a bit, but am commenting for the first time. I am so OVER the Izzy and Denny storyline. G.A. used to be a must watch for me, but I am starting to lose the love for it with this craziness.

Love the blog!

Katy said...

I ran across your blog via Sasha at Barely K. It Together.
That littl tiny weeny itsy horse is DARLING!!
come over and visit thy blog sometime

The Pink Chick said...

I love small town Christmas parades! It looks like y'all had a great time! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I hate the whole Izzy and Denny thing too! In fact it's starting to get a little creepy. They should never have let it go on this far!

Lindsey said...

Aww the parade sounds like so much fun! Your pictures are great!

LyndsAU said...

Awwww-this makes me wish I would have gone. But I was off running in the wet/freezing in shorts like a genius!!! looks like yall had fun! Next year :)

Tiffany said...

Amen about G.A. and D.H.W. I am getting to where I don't care if I watch them or not. I don't HAVE to anymore. Seriously if they're going to get rid of Izzy lets do it already! Love your blog btw!!!

Rachel said...

Love this; we are going to one tonight and tomorrow.

Is that bubbles or fake snow? Or wine on the camera lense?

AmyT said...

I live in a small town...we had our parade Monday night....it's a 'big' thing though. the kiddos always enjoy it :-) Funny I'm in FL - and in a few of my pics the shots look like yours...looks like it's snowing.

Sassy Engineer said...

It looks like it was a great time, and how much fun would it have been if it was snowing?! Anyway, I totally agree about Izzy and Denny. I like Izzy and Alex so why can't they just let that relationship develop. This just makes Izzy look crazy!

Mrs. Nurse said...

Y'all look cold! But, glad you had a great time!!

starfish said...

The Izzy and Denny thing is driving me crazy too!!! I wish they would cut it out!

Girl Meets Beau said...

What a fun parade! Looks like you all had a great time!

AndreaLeigh said...

Love the pictures! I haven't been to a parade in forever, since I was in the high school band. How fun!

Sandra said...

I love parades - no matter how small-town! It always gives me cold chills to see the band, etc. Cheesey I know...

coffee break said...

Love the parade pics! We had our schools annual holiday celebration where all the lights on campus come on at once last night, I love the Christmas spirit :) And Izzy and Denny, gah, I agree. My roomates theorey is that she has a brain tumor and thats how she's going to get off the show... But they need to do something about it soon!

The Golf Widow said...

Sounds fun. Wish we had one. Plenty of parades, but on a huge scale, Charlotte style.

Grey's is driving me nuts,too.At first I was excited to see the Denny ghost,thinking Izzy would get closure. Now he's jealous of Karev...Really give me a break!Does Alex need back to back relationships with girls that have mental delusions?

constance said...

I missed our small town parade last night. It was were my beau and I had our first date and he is out of town for work...just a little too sad to go alone. I totally agree with the whole GA thing! It's just getting too Days of Our Lives crazy for me!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Aw, those pictures look absolutely darling! I wish we had a Christmas parade - in the small town I grew up in there was one, but not in Omaha! And yes - the Izzy/Denny thing is out of control!

Hollie said...

great pics! looks like you had a great time!

kara battel said...

thanks for following me! now you've been tagged!

morewineplease said...

what an awesome night!! Great shots!
I have missed the last couple episodes of GA! I need to catch up!

I Make It Hurt So Good said...

I'm glad the Christmas parade was fun for the people watching it. I was trying to get through town to get to Wal-Mart and I was trapped everywhere I turned! It took an hour to get there! The other people in the car said they felt as if we had some kind of disease and they were containing us in town so we wouldn't spread it to the outside world.

Anonymous said...

How fun! The pictures remind me of the Christmas parades we used to go to when I was a kid. It makes me want to start that tradition again!

Kelly said...

I am going to give my two cents worth and agree with everyone. ENOUGH with the Izzy seeing and having sex with Denny! Move on G.A for the sake of your loyal viewers!

Petunia said...

Love your pictures at the Christmas parade!!