Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Well done, Mr. Beck!



For December my book club chose to read Glenn Beck's new book, The Christmas Sweater. If you are a reader and have, say, 1.5 hours of spare time I really recommend you read this. It is a quick, easy read (like I said, I read it in less than an hour and a half) and although it was somewhat predictable, I felt good after I finished it. It really put me in the Christmas spirit and in a good frame of mind. The book is based on a true, personal story of Beck's childhood and it served as a wonderful reminder of the real meaning of Christmas.

So go ahead, put it on your to-do list of "things to do before Christmas" .... #1,452: Read the Christmas Sweater :)

xoxo~

11 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

thanks for the recommendation! i'm always looking for quick reads and i love christmas books.

Olde Town Style Guide said...

quick reads are what saves me and brings me back to sanity during the holiday season! thanks!!

Lindsey said...

Thank you, I need a new book to read! I'm going to pick it up!

Sassy Engineer said...

My hubby actually just gave this to me last night as an early Christmas present (he is a big Glenn Beck fan). I can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

I just purchased this book a few days ago! I can't wait to read it, especially after reading your post!

Unknown said...

Yay! I'll have to go get it!

morewineplease said...

I may just have to do that!

Sandra said...

Love Christmas novels!! I really liked Grisham's Skipping Christmas.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I will have to add it to my list!!

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

We just got back from visiting the south and I was catching up on my blog reading. I love Christmas stories. Glad to hear you got some snow. Check out my blog next week. There will be some cool pics of me and my daughter making a snow woman. God Bless!

Rebecca Jo said...

I just got my copy in the mail... glad to hear you liked it - makes me want to pick it up now!