Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Since I am being sentimental today

Two things you should know:

Number One: I love the holidays ... like I really, really love the holidays. For several different reasons.

Number Two: I can be a teensy-weensy bit emotional. Especially around the holidays. It's not a dramatic emotional ... more like a I always tear up at the Christmas Eve service while singing Silent Night kind of emotional. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Today I ran home for lunch and made a pb&j for lunch because I spent the majority of my lunch break running errands and didn't have time for much else. I pulled out the loaf of Sunbeam bread and took notice ... you usually see this on a loaf of Sunbeam


But during the holidays you see a picture like this

Little Miss Sunbeam is praying and in small words it reads, Not by Bread Alone. Has anyone ever noticed this? I got a teensy-weensy bit emotional. One reason I love the holidays is because people take time to spread messages that they wouldn't normally throughout the other 11 months of the year. I thought that this was such a simple message but so strong at the same time.

Are there simple things about the holidays that you love?

"Jesus answered, 'It is written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4

xoxo~

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love that Sunbeam does this!!! Very cool!!!

LyndsAU said...

I didn't know they did this!! How precious! and sweet! GREAT message!!

d.a.r. said...

I don't buy that brand of bread, I had no idea that they did this! How amazing and precious! I am so glad you shared this.

Sarah said...

I didn't know that they did this either! Thank you for sharing and reminding everyone of the real reason for the season! : )

starfish said...

This year instead of buying eachother gifts, my family decided to adopt a less fortunate family. Seeing our family come together and help out another is really touching. It has made this Christmas very special and I hope to keep it an ongoing tradition.

Sassy Engineer said...

I didn't know they did that, but that is very cool! I just love Christmas lights and apple cider. I love snuggling up on my couch in a warm quilt drinking hot apple cider and watching a cheesy happy Christmas movie by Christmas light only. That is the perfect night!

Kelli Radford said...

My mom works for this company and they do it every holiday season. Thank you for supporting it!

morewineplease said...

Oh this gave me Chills! How sweet!
That's what I love about this time of year too.... its kind of hard with the Diva.. I keep trying to explain that it is Jesus's birthday, and she thinks that means he is the only one getting presents... ugh!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

You know...I never have noticed the difference on the bread bag...have they always done that?

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Wow - that is so amazing! It made me tear up just to read it :-) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I get sentimental at things like this too! I just love it!

Hollie said...

okay that is awesome. i have never noticed that but....are you ready for this? i just got a 'teensy weensy' bit emotional reading about it in your post.
And you thought you were bad.

I'm gonna go buy me a loaf right now!

Sandra said...

I get emotional hearing some of the traditional Christmas Carols, also! O Holy Night... I love this post!

Anonymous said...

Sweet and a great message!

Katy said...

The "bread" message is really cool and I would've teared up a bit as well. How sweet.
Have a great day!
I came to your blog via More Wine Please.

Jennifer said...

I know many people that work for Sunbeam as there is a Derst/Sunbeam bakery in Savannah. They are a good company with hometown values. They take care of their employees, which is so rare in this time. I had no idea they did this and I love it!