I hope that you all had yourselves a merry little Christmas. We sure did and I am sad that it over ... I always am. I am really dreading taking all the decor down ... everything is going to look so bare! I guess everyone still has New Year's Eve to look forward to but I have never been a huge fan of the holiday. In past years there has always been such a hype about NYE plans and it always was a little bit of a let down. This year I think the Beau and I are going to stay home, have dinner, and ring in the New Year from the comfort of our couch. Maybe as the clock approaches midnight I will turn on the Sex and the City movie to the part where Auld Lang Syne plays - it was such a pretty version!
I finished Prep last night and it was soo good and soo addicting. I received the first 2 Twilight books and I am saving those for Monday when I report for Jury Duty! I will probably start sTori Telling tonight.
For book club we are reading Redeeming Love during the months of January and February (we extended it for 2 months because it is a longer book). I just ordered it from Amazon today and I am ready to get started! I have heard such wonderful things about this book and I think it will be a good one to have discussions about.
While I was perusing Amazon I put these in my basket - I haven't ordered them yet but I plan to soon. A few of them I have been wanting for awhile and others I had never heard of before but I am sure, from the titles, they will be right up my alley!
All by Celia Rivenbark ...
1. We're Just Like You, Only Prettier: Confessions of a Tarnished Southern Belle
2. Stop Dressing your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank: A Slightly Tarnished Southern Belle's Words of Wisdom
3. Bless your Heart, Tramp: and other Southern Endearments
4. Not Tonight, Honey ... Wait 'til I'm a Size 6 by Susan Reinhardt
5. Somebody is going to Die if Lilly Beth doesn't Catch that Bouquet by Gayden Metcalfe & Charlotte Hays
6. Don't Sleep with a Bubba ... Unless your Eggs are in Wheelchairs by Susan Reinhardt (this one is in honor of my bf Fran - love you dear)
So, I think that is enough to keep me busy for at least a month. Anything else that you can think of that I should add to my list?