Thursday, December 18, 2008

I almost made it a week.

I know I promised that I would go at least a week or two before sharing another recipe with ya'll but I just couldn't resist. Lots of you seem to be hosting Christmas dinner at your homes and if you are in need of another side dish I have one! This is a Grape Salad and it is so yummy that it can be eatten as a dessert. Seriously. I made it last night for the party we are going to tonight and I licked the spoon when I was done like it was cake batter.


Ingredients:
3 cups red seedless grapes
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened (I should own stock in cream cheese)
1 8oz. carton sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans (holy cow I had no idea how expensive pecans and walnuts are ... yikes)

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl.
Fold in grapes.


Spread in medium sized baking dish.



On top of mixture, spread brown sugar and then the pecans.

Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serves appx. 10 people.

So I marked lots off of my list last night - go me! Going for a brow wax at lunch and few highlights tomorrow at 4:30. Hallelujah!

xoxo~

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lucky you get to get you highlights...mine is looking bad but my stylist (aka my sister the beautician) has been too busy to do a housecall :(

Abbi said...

yummy!! that looks soooo good!

Sarah said...

Yummo!!! I love your recipes!!! I'm making the cresent cream cheese thingys for a holiday party on Saturday!!! Thanks for sharing!! : )

LyndsAU said...

you know this recipe concerns me right :) haha! but we also know I am a strange eater! :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Ooh, I'm so glad you posted this because I had something similar (I think it had bananas, too?) a few years back at a party and loved it!! Yay!

Lindsey said...

You are so funny, thanks for the comment on my blog. You had me laughing out loud!!!

tRacY paRty oF 4 said...

Looks yummy! The Beau is going to be super spoiled!

Elizabeth said...

That looks good! And such a cute bowl!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That sounds so good!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. I honestly think he could eat this every day for the rest of his life and be perfectly happy. ha ha!

I hope you have a nice weekend!

Amanda C. Bee said...

This looks so tasty!!