Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I promise I will quit eventually ...

I know, I know ... enough with the recipes already! We have just had a million things to attend here lately and I have been on a roll in the kitchen preparing the healthiest of snacks. Last night was our Sunday School Christmas Party and it was just sort of a finger food type deal ... my favorite - I could eat my weight in appetizers and dips! I was asked to bring dessert. I went with an old favorite, Peanut Butter Blossoms, and a new recipe that I found on Kelly's blog a while ago, a Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball.

Peanut Butter Blossoms always go fast at any event and require NO effort. Get yourself a roll of peanut butter cookie dough and a bag of Hershey Kisses. Roll your cookie dough in to small balls and put the balls in a greased miniature cupcake pan like so ...
Bake on 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. They will look like mini cupcakes.

While they are hot and fresh out of the oven, stick a hershey kiss in the center.

Before removing from pan, let cookies cool.

The Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball requires a little bit more effort but not much. The ingredients are:

1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup confectioners sugar

2 tbsp. brown sugar

1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugars and vanilla and mix. Lastly, add your chocolate chip. Refrigerate for a few hours. Form in to ball. Refrigerate for another 2 hours. Serve with graham cracker sticks.


When the Beau got home last night I asked him to taste the Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball since I had never made it before and I didn't want to bring something gross to the party. After sampling it he said, "Oh my gosh, that is so good. It tastes exactly like Dunkaroos!"

Not exactly what I was going for but that's okay!

xoxo~

34 comments:

With Love from New Orleans said...

What an awesome idea! I have those mini muffin tins and never use them.. now I will!

Lindsey said...

YUMMO!=) Thanks for the recipes!

Lulu said...

That's funny, I LOVED dunkaroos as a child!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love Dunkaroos?! Now I want to eat that LL.

starfish said...

My mom made the hershey kiss cookies the other night, they are so good! :)

Lindsey said...

the chocolate chip cheese ball sounds good. i wrote down the recipe- thanks! i think i might make that for our girls weekend/shopping trip this weekend!

morewineplease said...

I gained 3 lbs readying your blog!

Rachel said...

I will definately try these; I never made the peanut butter balls like that I just made peanute butter cookies and pushed one in the middle when they were done!

Lilly P. Wannabe said...

I love those peanut butter cookies! When I make them I use a miniature Reese's cup in the center! mmmm...

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

My mom used to make those peanut butter cookies, and I have been searching for a recipe. Thanks for sharing!

i. me. mine said...

Those Peanut Butter Blossoms looks delicious. I'm going to make them for my girls at Panhellenic meeting tomorrow night!

Thanks for the recipe!

Muffy said...

YUMMY! Both sound AMAZING! Dunkaroos....TOO FUNNY!

AndreaLeigh said...

Thanks for all the recipes. I love cheese balls, so I will be trying these out soon!

Jennifer H. said...

Don't stop - I love seeing recipes! Thank you for sharing!

Carrie said...

OMG I loved Dunkaroos! My mom would never buy them for us though, so I had to get my fix at friends' houses. :)

said...

The cookies came out perfect!! I want one :) Make that 2!!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

It looks like a ball of cookie dough, I love it! How funny. I've never had Dunkaroos, but I'm sure I would love them and that ball o' sugar.

coffee break said...

The hershey kiss treats are always a hit, great choice! and that dip looks delicious!

GrannySmithGreen said...

I must make the Peanut Butter Blossoms. I'll eat them all--just like the Reece cups at Halloween! Thanks for the recipe!

Mrs. Nurse said...

Those look amazing :)

Jennifer said...

I recently was on the hunt for dunkaroos, but I couldn't find anyone who carried them!

Anonymous said...

I am going to the chocolate chip cheese ball recipe! Thanks! Also, I tagged you in my blog- check it out!

Tara Gibson said...

dunkaroos! I havent had those in FOREVER both recipes sound delish!

Mrs. Realife said...

I LOVE!!!! the kiss cookies :)

Posh Peach said...

Sounds delicious! I love easy recipes that end up being really yummy.

New Girl on Post said...

Why must you tempt me with these delicious treats!

Whitney said...

Yum Yum! Those look so good! I just recently found your blog and I love it! I am dying of laughter about the FunDips! Oh my word - do they still make those?!?!

Whitney said...

Ok, totally just called them FUNDIPS and HELLO!!!! They are dunkaroos! It's one of those days! You will have to excuse me! Ha!

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

I love making that chocolate chip cheese ball. I use chocolate graham cookies with it. It's always a hit at a gathering!! Merry Christmas and hope you don't mind but you've been tagged. Have a blessed rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh thank you. i want to try both. i love yummy and easy!!! :o)

Hopsy said...

I used to LOVE Dunkaroos so I MUST make that cookie, cheese ball for our Christmas party this weekend. YUM!

Rebecca Jo said...

I am SOOOO making the mini muffin ones.... sounds like someone like me (a non-cooker) can even do this!!!

Unknown said...

OH my gosh Dunkaroos are delicious, and that Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball looks divine!

I will have to steal your recipe to give to my husband as a 10th anniversary dessert ever since he surprised me with a gorgeous diamond necklace from www.idonowidont.com he would just flip at the yumminess!

Sasha said...

We are making peanut butter blossoms for Santa (OK for me and Mr. Sasha to eat after the kids go to bed...) on Christmas Eve. I don't use a muffin tin, but what a great idea! We just do balls and put them on a cookie sheet.