Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's time to hunker down

and for me to devise a plan. I am getting a little flustered as the days before Christmas are getting scarce and I have lots and lots to do. This is what I have on tap through the weekend:

After work today I must prepare dinner, wrap a couple of gifts, prepare a dish for tomorrow's work Christmas party, prepare another dish for tomorrow's night-time Christmas party, make sure that house is clean for guests that are arriving on Friday (yippee!).

Tomorrow I must attend work Christmas party during the day and attend a Christmas party for the Beau's local alumni chapter of his fraternity that evening. The latter party will be loads of fun I'm sure, however it will probably run late so all household chores must be done tonight (pressure!).

Friday night Couple #1 arrives to stay the weekend with us and we will attend Engagement Party #1 for Bride #1.

Saturday afternoon I must attend a Christmas Shower for Bride #2, Couple #2 arrives to stay Saturday night with us (in addition to Couple #1) and we will all attend Engagement Party #2 for Bride #3 that evening. Whew!!! You with me?

Sunday morning the Beau and I will wake up super early to hug our guests good-bye and drive 2 hours to attend Family Christmas Celebration #1 and drive 2 hours back home that afternoon. There will also have to be some convincing of the Beau to let me stop by some mall at some point to pick up appx. 3 last minute Christmas gifts.

In addition to tasks I have listed above, my eyebrows need waxed something serious and I would love a couple of highlights before I see every single soul that I know this weekend. And their mama. Literally.

xoxo~

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Seems you have your plate full!

Have a great time and I definately hear you about the roots and brows!

i. me. mine said...

Just remember to breathe!

The Pink Chick said...

Wow! Your holiday schedule is definitely full, but I am sure you will have loads of fun!!! By the way, I a singing the same song about my hair and eye brows. I am in desperate need of a salon visit!

Gwen said...

I'm feeling really overwhelmed right now too. I have so much to do and no time to do it in. This is one of those years that I really need a personal assistant. :)

LyndsAU said...

I just had a panic attack reading that-fo real. I don't think I could mentally do it. Not this close to Christmas! :) but you will pull through and look fabulous doing it :)

Sassy Engineer said...

I'm tired just reading that! I hope you have fun and get it all done though :)

LuLu said...

Yes you better get it good and clean for me because I WILL be doing a white glove check upon my arrival:)

LuLu said...

Oh and my eyebrows look like a small African rainforest so no need to worry...and even worse it looks like I have a perma black headband in my hair the roots are so bad!

Unknown said...

holy smokes. you just made me remember stuff I have to do. is Christmas really only a week away?!
crap.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I feel the same way! I forgot to get my eyebrows waxed before my graduation and they look crazy. Oh well!