Monday, December 22, 2008

Just call me crazy for Brady.

Here's a story about a man named Brady .... yep, I am talking about the Brady Bunch. I love The Brady Bunch. Always have, always will. The Beau made a weak attempt in trying to embarrass me over the weekend by telling our house guests that A Very Brady Christmas was my absolute favorite Christmas movie (this is not a lie). It didn't work though. I am not embarrassed or ashamed. I plan on watching it this Christmas Eve just as I have watched it every Christmas Eve for the past 10 or 12 years.


Please tell me that at least a couple of you have watched this classic. Yes, I consider this movie a classic :) I cry every single time I watch it when Mike gets trapped in the building and Carol starts singing "O Come All Ye Faithful". It's so emotional! If you didn't watch the Brady's when you were a kid there is something wrong with you and we can't be friends. Kidding. Sorta.

Now if you are really crazy (like me) you will put this on your Christmas wish list...


I have watched Marcia, Marcia, Marcia on Celebrity Fit Club and I am very interested in reading her new book. Don't judge - homegirl apparently has a story to tell. If it happens to be under my Christmas tree I will be very happy and I will report back! If it is not under my tree I wonder if the girls in my book club will think I am weird for suggesting it? Ha!

xoxo~

18 comments:

Sassy Engineer said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE A Very Brady Christmas - it has always been a favorite of mine too. I always loved shows where the characters you loved came back and were all grown up. You are definitely not alone. ALSO, I tagged you on my blog :)

The Pink Chick said...

I too am a Brady addict! A Very Brady Christmas isn't my absolute favorite, but it is definitely at the top of the list. My absolute favorite is A Christmas Story! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy watching A Very Brady Christmas! :)

d.a.r. said...

I love, love, love, love that movie!!!! I am so glad I am not alone :)

Unknown said...

I *also* LOVE A Very Brady Christmas... I loved the Brady Bunch growing up... they don't ever play it on TVLand anymore. That's a big disappointment for me. {I always cry at that same part too! :)}

AND I saw Marcia's book in Borders the other day, and *thought* about buying it... didn't, though.

LyndsAU said...

you know what?? I love The Brady Bunch but I have NEVER seen this. Didn't even know existed. Now I am ashamed of that!! :(

Mona said...

Count me in. I Love A Very Brady Christmas as well, and watch it just about every year!!

I've not read the book.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I would like to read the book, actually. I think I'll probably try to get it from the library though...

Elyse said...

I love the very brady Christmas...it is a classic in my book.
~Elyse~

Mandy Rose said...

I must agree...The Brady Bunch...classic! Love them!

Anonymous said...

yes, i love that movie and cry too!

morewineplease said...

You are too funny!! I actually dont think I have seen this one?? But good luck getting it under the tree! I did watch the Brady's growing up, loved them then :)

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

now i have to watch it! I love the Bradys!

Amanda C. Bee said...

The Brady's were so wholesome. I never knew they had a christmas movie. Let me know how the book turns out!
Also, I left you a little tag on my blog... It's just a gifty Monday for you!
<3 ACBee

Rebecca Jo said...

I so want to read that book as well....

shalay said...

I have not seen a Very Brady Christmas, but I would like to! It would just be another thing for my husband to make fun of me for. Oh, and I saw Maureen McCormick doing some press for the release of that book, and it sounds crazy! I would so like to read it!

Jennifer said...

I would love to read that book!

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

I LOVE a very brady christmas! Definitely a classic :)

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

LOVE the Bradys and their Very Brady Christmas! I don't even celebrate Christmas and I used to love watching it over and over again!